Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ashford and Simpson and Crystal Gayle!

The fall season at Feinstein's at Loews Regency has been announced. I don't know what that is, really, but I assume it's a Cabaret space in New York City. Two shows caught my eye:

Ashford & Simpson (Sept. 9-20)
They're at every awards show in the audience, the camera always pans to them at least once in the evening, and they are till dressing like it's 1985 and "Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah HOT!"I would love to see these two in concert. What are they going to sing? Can they still sing? I just imagine them boney and smiley and covered in dangly shiney costumes NOone would wear except Ashford and Simpson.


Ashford in their heydey


Crystal Gayle and Laura Bell Bundy, Oct. 28-Nov. 1)
First of all, I am so curious about Laura Bell Bundy now. It seems like Legally Blonde (according to my uber theatre-geek friend Christian) ruined her voice while doing the show and somehow put her in a different, lower category of performer than she was on her way to becoming (she opened Hairspray and performed Glenda in Wicked). Now she's singing country with Miss Hair herself, Crystal Gayle? Why? How random is that? I mean, if they're friends and all that's cool. Perform with your friends. But from the outside, it looks sooo random.

Crystal Gayle. Ashford and Simpson. Mmmmm....

No comments: