Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Christian Siriano book featuring my photography?

McQueen!!!! (who is he?)
The photo they want for the book

Today I was contacted by Brad Walsh asking me if he could use my photo of the Alexander McQueen shop in New York City I have in my Flickr account.

Brad Walsh is a musician who Perez Hilton said is "...one of (his) favorite electro rockers. This unsigned artist is totally tearing up the music scene in New York."

Walsh wants my photo to use in a new book by Christian Siriano. Wow! I am guessing he was searching "Alexander McQueen" and came across my photo on Flickr. Something funny: notice the title of the photo. Walsh mentions it in his email below:
Hi,

I'm working on getting some images for Christian Siriano's upcoming book, and inside there's a section on Alexander McQueen. He wants to include a photo of the store, and you have a great one on your Flickr account. Our deadline is two days from now, so we're in a rush; would you be willing to let us use your photo in his book? It's the one titled "McQueen!!!! who is he?" Please email me at ************** if so! You'd really be helping us out! You'd get a photo credit, of course.

Thanks,
Brad

4 comments:

Ed said...

Frickin awesome!!!!!! Go, thing!

Mark Baratelli said...

Right? We will see.

Summer said...

Wow, what did you tell him?

Mark Baratelli said...

I said yes and sent him a link to the hi-rez version. He wrote back and said the link didn't work. I emailed him the high-rez version as an attachment. We'll see if it gets into the book or not or if this is even or real. I mean, Marc Shaiman supposedly left a comment on The Daily City blog but I have no proof that's really him. I have no proof if this book thing is real either. All these phantasmagorical things happen and when it comes down to it, I'll believe it when I see it. Ya know?