Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolution assistance from a Broadway producer

The Broadway producer Ken Davenport keeps a blog, and on it he left the following advice about 2009 & New Years Resolutions.
"I don't care what your New Year's resolutions are. I only care if you keep them. Make this the year you do. Write them down and put them where you can see them every day: in your wallet, by your computer, on your mirror. Or comment even your resolution on this blog. And then, don't cut yourself any slack. There's too much at stake. Happy New Year everyone."
I gotta start taking people's advice. So, I'm starting with this. I wrote my three goals for the year down on a shard of notebook paper. If you picked up my wallet and opened it, it's the first thing you see. I don't have a mirror, so I can't put anything on it. And as for the "by your computer," I made a desktop with the three goals and a photo of a torn ticket from the Chicago Improv Festival for my one performance of Improv Cabaret. See below.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"That's what friends are forrrrrr"

You: 34 Other: 37

Yay for friends!

Anonymous said...

The sky is falling!!

You 34 Other 42

Anonymous said...

Do something!! Do something!!

You: 34 Other 44

Friends! Romans! Countrymen!
Vote! Vote! Vote!

www.rickshawboy.com

Mark Baratelli said...

I am done with this contest anonymous. Let it go. Step away from the computer.

Summer said...

I like the wallet idea. If I had a wallet I would keep it in there.

Mark Baratelli said...

What do you hold your credit cards in? Do you have a checkbook?