Monday, January 12, 2009

That was easy

Today was almost perfect. I packed my CLEAN laundry which fit into my bag with ease, had a big free breakfast sans BSCB, enjoyed my wait at the airport using their free wi-fi, slept all the way from Sacramento to Dallas (a 3 hour flight) thanks to the sleeping pills I bought in Canada, was smart enough to get a sammich at the airport before the 2 hour bus ride from the airport to my hotel in Tyler, Texas, got another small meal at Sonic and am now enjoying a silent room alone before I go to bed. But before I go to sleep, I want to say a prayer to Jesus. Not the one I am paid to scream at. The real one.
>Dear Jesus,

Thank you for today. It went well. Did you have a hand in it? Why was it so smooth? Was it me? Did I help without knowing it? No it wasn't me. And it wasn't you. It was those sleeping pills. Jesus, thank you for those goddamn pills. They turned my complaining bickering bitch-ass nature into a comatose non-verbal almost dead silence which allowed me to not feel the anguish of a travel day. Amen.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Darrel and I just had a chuckle over your prayer. Goodnight!

Anonymous said...

Yes, a sincere good-night prayer to Jesus is always a good thing.

Summer said...

Dear Mark,

I'm posting this answer to you using Summer's ID since I don't have one of my own. She doesn't know I"m using it, but I technically don't have to ask her because I'm Jesus and I can be sort of like " I'll do what I want! " and no one can say anything about it.
I just wanted to thank you for acknowledging me and even though you used the word " goddamnit" you didn't capitalize the " God " word and so we weren't offended. I *did* want to point out that I technically am responsible for those sleeping pills you love so much in as much as giving the scientist the idea to come up with them in the first place. But, I'll the take the oversight not personally, but as a by-product of your drug addled brain.
By the by, your performance a few nights ago was inspiring. I sat fourth row center and got a good look at your crotch.

Love,
Jesus.

Mark Baratelli said...

God left a freakin' comment on my blog!!! Can I text you? Will you be my Facebook friend? Are you on linkedin? Dude! God!