Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3-8-09: Knoxville Friends!

Krisha, James and I in Knoxville
Today I rode from Durham, NC to Knoxville, TN 6:30am-2pm. After I got off the bus, I usually force myself to get up and go for a walk. Not today. I was dead. I slid under the covers of my hotel bed and slept till 4:45. My bus call time was 5pm.

We had a company meeting where it was brought up that we are getting into that "end of tour" period where we need to make sure we stay positive and not stress out. I agree, but it will be hard. There's so much to stress out about, not the least of which being unemployment come May 3.

The show tonight was fun. The theatre was gorgeous and newly remodeled and backstage the dressing rooms were brand new... with free wi-fi!

Two friends and their family came to the show tonight. Afterwards, they drove their family home, dropped them off and returned to pick me up at the theatre. While I was waiting for them in the front of the theatre on the corner, a small group of audience members came at me asking for autographs just as Kames and Krisha pulled up. It was a picture-perfect moment. I turned to them, waving the poster I was signing and yelled "Hold on guys! Autographs! I'm a little busy!" It was funny at the time because, what better situation would you want your friends you haven't seen in awhile than signing autographs! Loved it. Wish I had gotten a picture.

Most of the restaurants were closed by the time the show let out, so we went to a bar and had food from their late-night menu. After a week of eating healthy, I dug into a bowl of nachos. It was great to catch up and hear how they're doing and to just be around old friends.

3 comments:

Summer said...

You were in Orlando for a week and didn't even let me know until you were flying away.
BAH. I say to you.

Mark Baratelli said...

You and Robyn both.

robyn said...

yep. ditto.