Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 27: Yankees Game!

I'm in Clearwater, Florida with the show Friday and Saturday, which is where the New York Yankees do Spring Training. One of our cast members' families... OWNS them. So, Friday night her family welcomed us into their luxury box (Box #1) to see a game. How freaking generous is that? So nice.

The best photos and video from the day below. To see all of them, go here.

The man who runs the Yankees stopped by. Richard Gere threw out the first pitch and then came up to our box to say hello. (!!!) The actor playing Judas in the show sang the national anthem before the game and our entire cast and crew sang "Take me out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning ON THE FIELD.

Not to mention the food, the view of the field from way up top, the Baileys shots served in edible chocolate cups and veggie/tofu burger I ate topped with hot-dog-chili!

My favorite moment of the night, however, was the following. I am sitting on a couch and the game has ended (unbeknownst to me because I was in the luxury box the whole time as baseball is not something I know about) and I hear the song "New York, New York" playing. I guess this song is played at the end of every game? I dunno. I start to do a kick line with myself, look up and there is the Mother of the cast member from our show, the one whose family owns the Yankees. (!!!) She just happened to see me start to kick. I turn beet red from embarrassment but she comes right over, tells me she used to be a dancer, and then her, her daughter and me do kick-lines on the couch to "New York New York"! It was awesome. Oh, and I guess there was this.

P1160831P1160827
Not only are we in the luxury boxes, but we're in Suite #1!


Walking to the Suite | Inside Suite #1


The view of the field | Richard Gere throwing the first pitch

P1160879P1160840
He owns the Yankees | Richard Gere stopped by


The cast singing on the field "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"


Ending with a bang (fireworks)

2 comments:

Summer said...

Awesome. Besides the meth you do, this is most jealous I've been of you on this tour.

Mark Baratelli said...

Show your husband! Make him jealous too!