Friday, April 10, 2009

I am a black woman in New Jersey


A review from the Newark, New Jersey newspaper, The Star-Ledger, compares me to a black woman who is best known as the high-pitched slave who knows "nothin' 'bout bornin' no babies" from Gone With the Wind. I can die now.
"Mark Baratelli provides the comic relief as King Herod, floating like a butterfly, and sounding much like Butterfly McQueen."
-Peter Filichia, The Star-Ledger, April 10, 2009
___________________________________________________
Reviews | Email | Twitter | FaceBook | Youtube | LinkedIn | Website | Flickr

2 comments:

Summer said...

Wtf???
I don't understand that review.
Do you like it?

Mark Baratelli said...

Comparing me to Butterfly McQueen is stupid. I don't sound like her. What is the reviewer even taking about? The whole review of the show the writer wrote reads like she's working for the NJPAC. It's ALL positive. Surely she found something she disliked. She just managed to not mention it in the review. Dumb.