Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Is Today

This is so weird. I am writing on a blog on which the last post I wrote was September 7, 2011. Since then, I stopped writing about my life and totally wrote about Orlando on the daily city. It's the first day of 2015. I do NOT commit to write in this once a day for the entire year. I commit to finishing this post. 

Last night my boyfriend and my friend and I went to dinner at a fish restaurant. I had 3 drinks called "Snowballs" and a sampler plate. Afterwards, me and the BF came home and went straight to sleep because he had to work today. 

This feels so weird, blogging about my life. Well, I have to say the *reason* I am doing this here is because I *don't* want to scurge up my Facebook newsfeed with "me me me" stuff. I will put it all here. Today at least. 

So what I wanted to share, and what originally is the reason for me even coming back to this blog is that I wanted to share this moment in the Steven Sondheim bio show called "Six By Sondheim." In it, he tells a story about his mother writing him a note and having it hand delivered to him just before she went into the hospital for a major medical procedure. In it, she says her biggest regret was having him. I almost started crying. Watch it at 1:06:00 (one hour, six minutes). 


No comments: